Shanta, one of Fortnite’s new Battle Pass characters, has plenty of quests for us to complete as we kick off Chapter 3 of Fortnite. She has 10 tasks, all of which require us to collect gem fragments spread out across the map.
Most of these tasks are fairly straightforward, but they require players to visit specific locations. The gems we’re locating in this guide are the gem fragments near NPCs on the map. While the in-game map helps locate the general area for each gem, it can be difficult to find the specific spots when you’re walking around the characters.
Some of these gems show up in locations with no characters nearby, so this task can be confusing for some. This might simply be a glitch, or it might be a clue that suggests a character will be there in the future.
Related: Where to collect gem fragments on rivers using vehicles in Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1
- #1 – Agent Jones: On the southern edge of Seven Outpost II, at the peak of the mountain northwest of Logjam Lumberyard.
- #2 – Lt. John Llama: At Llama Homestead, near the southern bend of the river west of Logjam Lumberyard.
- #3 – Cuddle Team Leader: Inside the large house with a pink roof at Camp Cuddle.
- #4 – Quackling: Inside the small house with a yellow roof at Camp Cuddle.
- #5 – Lil’ Whip: On the second-floor balcony of the restaurant where you can find Lil’ Whip.
- #6 – ???: At the base of The Daily Bugle building in the middle of the area.
- #7 – The Visitor: On top of the circular building in the middle of the Launchpad, the Landmark location on the triangle-shaped islet west of Sanctuary.
- #8 – The Scientist: On top of the building on the north side of Sanctuary (the roof where you can find The Scientist).
- #9 – Bunker Jonesy: Near the grill by Bunker Jonesy’s trailer on the west side of The Joneses.
- #10 – Shanta: In the middle of the three pillars where you can find Shanta, in the southeast corner of the map.
- #11 – Mancake: Southwest of Butter Barn amongst a bunch of growing foliage, west of a river.
- #12 – Tomato Head: Inside the large building on the south side of Greasy Grove.
When you have collected at least 10 of the gem fragments listed above, you have completed the quest! You’re ready to move on to one of Shanta’s other gem collection tasks.
Want more help with finding the gems? Be sure to check out our guides on where to collect gems at Landmarks, and where to collect gems at docks!