Tower of Fantasy is a massively multiplayer online game, and like most MMO titles, it had problems with stability at launch. Issues with servers seem inevitable, as over four million players pre-registered so they can start playing straight away. This free-to-play game has its share of crashing issues, but there are a few things you can do to fix them.
How to stop Tower of Fantasy from crashing
Tower of Fantasy will have many updates, as developers are trying to fix problems as they appear. They’re even awarding players in-game resources to apologize for the inconvenience. For now, there are several crashing issues reported by the gaming community days after the launch:
- Unable to login/disconnection from the server
- Failed account registration and login
- Non-receipt of purchases
- The game crashes after a while
- Game lags
Remember that some problems are well-known issues that happen regularly with the launch of popular titles. Remember the time when Genshin Impact had an error on Playstation? Or, when Warzone had server problems? To solve some of these issues and normalize your gaming experience with Tower of Fantasy, try these steps:
Check the quality of your internet connection
- Tower of Fantasy is an online game, so you’ll need a steady and relatively fast internet connection. Try testing the bandwidth speed to be sure.
Install the latest update of Tower of Fantasy
- All online games have regular updates, and that’s especially true when the game has just launched. To avoid that, make sure the game is up to date.
Check drivers for your graphics card
- New gaming titles require you to have the most recent graphics card drivers if you’re playing the game on a PC. Even some card models have issues with certain games. If that’s the case, try installing new drivers. If the problem still exists, wait until developers fix the issue.
Make sure you’ve met Tower of Fantasy Minimum System Requirements
Minimum Android System Requirements for ToF
- Processor—Snapdragon 660 or Kirin 710, 4 GB RAM
- Storage space—12 GB
Minimum iOS System Requirements for ToF
- Phone—iPhone 8 Plus
- Tablet—iPad Air 2nd generation
- Storage space—12 GB
Minimum PC System Requirements for Tower of Fantasy
- Operating System—Windows 7 SP1 64-bit
- Processor—Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- Graphics—NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030
- DirectX—Version 11
- Minimum storage space—22 GB
How to quickly fix Tower of Fantasy crashing issues
In most cases, you’ll face problems that developers already know of. But if the Tower of Fantasy crashes a lot, even if you’ve checked all issues listed above, try these quick fix methods:
- Relaunch the game
- Restart the device
- Disable antivirus and VPN programs
- Reinstall the game as a last resort (you won’t lose your progress in a game)
For more information on Tower of Fantasy, check helpful guides like Do characters transfer across servers in Tower of Fantasy, How to play with friends online in Tower of Fantasy, and Why can’t I access cross-server modes in Tower of Fantasy on GameTips.PRO.