To solve this puzzle, you need to unravel a riddle on the back wall of the Hall of Ablution, which involves rotating four statues around a pool of red substance. The riddle reads:
Women are blind to male advances, but the poor shall take their chances to give their lord their bounty sown, so that soon the wine may flow.
Each statue represents a persona in the riddle, Two Women, Three Poor Beggars, a Lord on a Horse. If we break the riddle down into parts, the riddle can be easily solved.
- Women are blind to male Advances.
- This means that the two women statues must face each other, as the women cannot see the men.
- The Poor shall take their chances to give their Lord Bounty sown.
- The Statue of the Three Beggars must be turned to face the Lord on the Horse.
- You do not have to move the Lord on the Horse, as that is already pointing in the correct direction.
To move the statues, all you need to do is stand behind them, and the option to interact with them will appear, then rotate to the correct alignments. Once this has been done correctly, the pool of wine/blood will drain, and players will be able to progress further into Castle Dimitrescu.
If you are having trouble follow this Youtube video:
Wondering about Resident Evil Village Trophies? Or what difficulty you should choose? PGG has you covered!