NBA 2K23 developers have revealed new gameplay details that “reflect many of the changes the community was calling for.” Most of these improvements are focused on bringing even more realistic basketball experiences. That’s especially important for the shot mechanics. In previous games, you would become unstoppable from the three-point line if you could perfect the timing.
This time, shooting in the NBA2K23 will depend not just on the timing and ratings, but also on each player’s stats. There will be several important categories that will determine will the shot be successful:
- Shot Speed—How fast you release the ball.
- Release Height—Where is the shooting hand position at the moment of release.
- Defensive Immunity—How effective are defenses against that player’s shot.
- Timing Impact—Good shot timing is rewarded, while bad one is penalized.
Players were also asking for more options for shooting meters. In NBA 2K23, you’ll have five shot meters at the start, with 15 more unlockable during the Season. These options will open more opportunities for player diversity, especially for customizing your basketball avatar in MyPlayer mode. That playing mode also gets a lot of new fineness in creating and developing your player and career. Other game improvements include:
- Pro Stick Enhancements
- More realistic shot blocks
- Revamped takeover system where the team is sharing hot meter
- Adrenaline Boosts that prevent players from overdribbling (stamina meter for explosive moves)
There was no news regarding the microtransactions system, which is especially problematic in MyTeam mode, because of the card system that is dangerously close to the pay-to-win system. But we know that the game will feature Michael Jordan, who will have 100 player rating. NBA 2K23 will be released on September 9 for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC platforms.
For more information on NBA games, check out guides like How to get the Hoverboard in NBA 2K22, How to get the NBA Mascot in NBA 2K22, and Everything we know about NBA 2K23 on GameTips.PRO.