Just about every live service game in existence will eventually go down for maintenance. Genshin Impact is no exception and regularly goes down before the release of patches. The guide below tells you about upcoming maintenance times and server outages.
On the day of every new patch, Genshin Impact servers go down for around five hours to prep for the launch. MiHoyo typically gives a head-up in advance to give players plenty of time to do their dailies or log-off.
Related: Which characters are related in Genshin Impact
Genshin Impact Server Maintenance Times and server status:
- Server Status: Scheduled Maintence
- ET Timezone: Jan. 4, 2022 at 5:00pm – Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:00pm
- CT Timezone: Jan. 4, 2022 at 4:00pm – Jan. 4, 2022 at 9:00pm
- MT Timezone Jan. 4, 2022 at 3:00pm – Jan. 4, 2022 at 8:00pm
- PT Timezone: Jan. 4, 2022 at 2:00pm – Jan. 4, 2022 at 7:00pm
Be sure to finish up any quests you are doing before this scheduled outage and log off to avoid any progress being lost. MiHoYo compensates server downtimes with primogems and you will receive them the next time you log in after maintenance completion.
For more Genshin Impact content, check out Genshin Impact: When is the Next Banner Coming? on Pro Game Guides.