The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Beta only offers a small selection of weapons to play with. However, there is a glitch in which you can equip the unreleased Bruen .45 in your custom class. While X12 and X13 Auto are the most commonly used secondaries during the Beta, they come nowhere near Bruen .45 in terms of firepower. Here’s how to unlock it.
How to get the Bruen .45 Pistol in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Follow this step-by-step process to unlock the Bruen .45 secondary weapon in Modern Warfare 2 Beta:
- Go to the Edit Loadouts menu from the Weapons section of your main menu.
- Click on the plus icon and create two loadouts. You can also use two existing loadouts. For reference, we’re using Custom Loadout 4 and Custom Loadout 5 as shown in the first image.
- Select one of these loadouts, say Custom Loadout 4, and choose the Perk Package option.
- Click on the plus icon and create a Perk Package with Overkill as one of the Base Perks. You can set the remaining perks as you like. In the second image, you can see that we’re using Perk Package 1.
- Choose Perk Package 1 as the perks for the second loadout, i.e., Custom Loadout 5.
- Head back to Custom Loadout 4, go to Edit Perks, and replace Overkill with any other perk.
- Your Custom Loadout 5 should now be bugged and it’ll be showing the Expedite Shotgun as the secondary weapon, even though we’ve swapped Overkill (see the third image). However, when you load into a match, switch to secondary and your operator will pull out the Bruen .45.
Since the Modern Warfare 2 Open Beta will only be out until Sept. 26, you have very little time to try out this unreleased pistol. While using it, you’ll find out for yourself how overpowered it is. Using this thing, you can two-shot kill enemies at almost any range and even get one-shot headshot kills.
Stay tuned to GameTips.PRO for more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 content. In the meantime, head over to our article on Modern Warfare 2 – How to get FSS Hurricane & best build.