League of Legends is a multiplayer battle arena game developed by Riot Games. After playing the game for a while on your PC, you may want to uninstall it due to some technical problems, connection issues, or simply because you don’t want to play the game anymore. Whatever the reason may be, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do a clean uninstall of League of Legends on your PC.
How to uninstall League of Legends on PC
Follow the steps below to successfully uninstall League of Legends from your Microsoft Windows device:
- Head over to Control Panel from the Start Menu on your device.
- On the top-right corner of your screen, set the View by option to Large Icons.
- Click on the Programs and Features option.
- This will open a list of all the applications on your device. Look here for League of Legends.
- Right-click on the option and select Uninstall.
- After the game is uninstalled, head over to the folder on your drive where the game was installed. Look for the League of Legends folder and delete it if it’s still there.
- The game’s support website also recommends running a registry cleaner like CCleaner. However, this step is only required if you are facing the same problem after every reinstallation.
Furthermore, you can also use the Hextech Repair Tool to effortlessly reinstall League of Legends on your setup. This tool is provided by the game developers and it automatically patches your PC so that you don’t face any trouble running LoL on Windows or Mac.
Stay tuned to GameTips.PRO for more League of Legends content. In the meantime, head over to our article on How to Get Better at Warding in League of Legends and How to change your Ward Skin in League of Legends.