When it was released as an Early Access game in August 2021, the tutorial for Starmancer left a lot to be desired. One of the key tasks to complete at the beginning of the game is to place Metal in the Analyzer to repair the Warp Drive. This is generally not what the Analyzer is for, and the instructions for it lack clarity. In the guide below, we explain how to complete this task.
The first thing you’ll need is, of course, some Metal. If you’ve received the task from the AI in the game, you’ll have already made some Metal with the Ore Refinery. The Tutorial AI will say that you need to place it in the Analyzer and gives generic instructions on how to do this.
Related: How to Save in Starmancer – Pro Game Guides
Thankfully, doing this is like completing other manual tasks. As shown in the image above, the first thing you’ll need to do is instruct a character to pick up some Metal. This can be done with the following steps:
- Click on a character that is willing to carry items (yellow square in the image above).
- On the bottom right of that character’s menu is an icon like the one shown above titled Command Override (red square in the image above).
- Click on an object that is holding some Metal (a section of the floor, a shelf, etc).
- Select Pick Up Item. Select Metal.
After the character has Metal in their inventory, it’s time to place it in the Analyzer. Doing this is similar to commanding the character to do anything else.
- Select the Character.
- Select Command Override as you did before.
- Click on the Analyzer (#1 in the image above). If you’re doing this for the tutorial, it will have a green arrow above it.
- Select Place Item (#2 in the image above). Select Metal.
Once you have completed the steps above, the task will be marked as complete. The Tutorial AI will say a few words, then you’ll be ready to engage the Warp Drive.
At Pro Game Guides, we offer guides and news for the latest and most popular games! Check out our homepage to see guides for games like Fortnite, Genshin Impact, and Minecraft!