In the hit dinosaur survival game Ark, you can use dye to color various game items, like weapons and structures. In this guide, we will explain how to make dye and how to use it.
How To Make Dye And Recolor Items
In short, to make dye, you will need several resources that are relatively easy to craft; you might even have some of these right now sitting in a chest somewhere. You will also need one of these materials with one water source depending on the type of dye you want to make. That said, check the list below for the required materials.
- One water skin – can be a water jar or canteen, and needs to be at least 25% filled.
- 2 Charcoal
- 1 Gunpowder
- 1 Sparkpowder
However, if there is a specific color dye you want, you will need to gather berries because each unique dye requires a particular amount and kind of berry. Luckily we have all the requirements listed below for you by what material they need.
Dyes That Need One Gunpowder
- Tangerine: 7 Amarberry, 7 Tintoberry, and 4 Narcoberry.
- Forest: 7 Amarberry, 7 Tintoberry, and 4 Narcoberry.
- Parchment: 12 Amarberry, and 6 Stimberry.
- Pink: 12 Tintoberry, and 6 Stimberry.
- Sliver: 6 Narcoberry and 12 Stimeberry.
- Royalty: 7 Azulberry, 7 Tintoberry, and 4 Narcoberry.
- Tan: 4 Amarberry, 1 Azulberr, 7 Tintoberry, and 6 Stimberry.
- Sky: 12 Azulberry, and 6 Stimberry.
Dyes That Need One Sparkpowder
- Brick: 12 Tintoberry, and 6 Narcoberry.
- Cantaloupe: 7 Amarberry, 7 Tintoberry, and 4 Stimberry.
- Cyan: 6 Amarberry, 12 Azulberry, and 4 Stimberry.
- Magenta: 9 Azulberry, and 9 Tintoberry.
- Mud: 4 Amarberry, 1 Azulberry, and 7 Tintoberry.
- Navy 12 Azulberry, and 6 Narcoberry.
- Olive: 9 Amarberry, and 9 Tintoberry.
- Slate: 12 Narcoberry, and 6 Stimberry.
Dyes That Need Two Charcoal
- Green: 9 Amarberry and 9 Azulberry
- Blue: 15, Azulberry.
- Orange: 9 Amarberry, and 9 Tintoberry.
- Black: 15 Narcoberry
- Purple: 9 Azulberry and 9 Tintoberry.
- Brown: 6 Amarberry, 3 Azulberry, and 9 Tintoberry.
- Red: 15 Tintoberry
- White: 15 Stimberry
- Yellow: 15 Amarberry
Gather up a fair amount of the above materials and place them either in a cooking pot or an industrial cooker. Start the pot or industrial cooker and then let it cook. After a while, it will make your dye, and you will get five dye for each batch.