In The Sims 4, birth is lacking detailed features. This is even true after you purchase the Get Together pack that adds hospitals. Thankfully, a modder in the Sims community has made a realistic and in-depth mod for pregnancy, childbirth, and post-partum care. Here’s how to get it.
What is the Realistic Birth Mod?
The Child Birth Mod by PandaSama is a realistic pregnancy and birth-giving mod for The Sims 4. It adds multiple components to the game’s existing child delivery features (that requires the Get to Work expansion pack). Some of the features included in this mod are:
- Checking for dilation amount.
- More complex moodlets through pregnancy and birth.
- Induce labor through various means like Woohoo or bathing.
- Early labor actions like deep-breathing exercises or being comforted by a partner.
- Epidural administered by a doctor.
- Customization around pregnancy, delivery, and post-partum.
- Turn on/off weight gain after delivery.
- Choose whether or not Woohoo will induce labor.
- Decide to wear normal clothing or not during delivery.
How do you install the Childbirth Mod?
To install the Child Birth Mod by PandaSama, follow the link up above and download the attached file. Make sure you have the Get Together expansion pack and you have mods enabled within The Sims 4 Game Options. Once the files have been downloaded, move them to your Mod folder on your PC. This folder can be found in the Documents-Electronic Arts-The Sims 4-Mods path. After you have done this, you’re ready to play with the mod!
Want to read more about The Sims 4? If so, check out Sims 4 MC Command Center not working – How to fix the MCCC Mod on GameTips.PRO.