Sea of Thieves has an array of game-themed error codes that are all associated with different problems that users might face. They use these keywords (typically a color or fruit with the word beard after it) to help identify the source of a problem, making it easier to resolve. One of the less common error codes that players see is the Strawberrybeard error.
According to the Sea of Thieves website, this error usually shows up for players during maintenance downtime or some other external network error. In these situations, there is nothing the player can do to fix the problem—they simply need to wait for the servers to be available.
However, the page also states that the error can occasionally be caused by network issues on the client’s side (the player’s home network). For these situations, the most frequent cause is the Antivirus and Firewalls blocking the game from connecting to the servers.
Related: How to fix the Alabasterbeard error in Sea of Thieves
Since this error can be caused by a wide range of issues, there is no specific troubleshooting solution. However, most players can rectify the issue by following these steps.
- Check the Sea of Thieves Server Status. If any issues are reported, this is most likely the cause of the error.
- When logging in to the servers, be sure to select Allow if prompted by your Firewall or Antivirus.
- Manually change the settings in your router and computer firewalls or antivirus to allow Sea of Thieves to access the internet.
- If you’re on PC, force close Sea of Thieves, the Xbox App, and the Windows Store. From your Windows search bar, type in wsreset and select the option to run the command. This will reset the Windows Store. Open the Windows Store, then the Xbox App, then the game (in that order) and try to connect again.
- If none of the options above work, contact the Sea of Thieves Support Team by creating a new ticket.
That’s all there is to know about the Strawberrybeard error in Sea of Thieves!
When you’re back on the game, be sure to check out our Full Sea of Thieves Fishing Chart and Locations guide to make the best profit while fishing!