Xenoblade Chronicles is a role-playing game where you have a chance to explore the vast world of Aionios and collect great prizes. One of the main things you’ll want is a lot of Nopon Coins, a currency in this world. There are two types of Nopon, Gold and Silver, where the former is much more valuable and challenging to acquire. You can do many useful things with this cash, but first, you’ll have to find it.
How to get Silver and Gold Nopon Coins in XC3
There are several ways you can collect Nopon Coins in Xenoblade Chronicles 3. While exploring, you’ll come across containers that have some Nopon Coins. But there are other, more dangerous ways to acquire Coins, like defeating some menacing monsters. So, be prepared for tough fights if you want to bask in silver and gold. It’ll take time to get to each location, so use fast travel in XC3. Here are the best ways to farm Nopon Coins in Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
Defeat Unique Monsters to get Nopon Coins in XC3
Vanquishing unique monsters in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is the best way to collect enough Nopon Coins. These monsters are tough cookies, so make sure you’re strong enough to take them down. You’ll get some Nopon Coins when you defeat them, but only once, so farming coins by killing one creature repeatedly is out of the question.
Join the Monster Skirmishes in Xenoblade Chronicles 3
You have a chance to resolve some conflicts by choosing which side you want to help in Monster Skirmishes. Each side offers you some benefits, and one of them will reward you with Nopon Coins. As you can obtain other rewards from regular fights, always choose Coin. Remember, this is a precious currency in XC3.
Complete Quests to get Nopon Coins in XC3
You can earn Nopon Coins by completing quests in Xenoblade Chronicles 3. This is an excellent way to get this particular currency, but not every quest rewards you with it. But you’re an adventurer, and rewards are less important than fighting evil, right? Don’t worry; you can always check your journal to see what kind of reward you’ll get for your troubles.
How to use Nopon Coins in Xenoblade Chronicles 3
You can use Nopon Coins at Nopon Coin X-change or on upgrading characters. Remember that each character can hold a maximum of 99 Nopon Coins, so make sure to spend them before acquiring more. With this currency, you can do several things:
Trade for items at Nopon Coin X-change
- Trading Silver and Gold Nopon Coins at Nopon Coin X-change is the best way of using this currency. This way, you’ll get items that boost your heroes’ skills, so try to keep most of the coins for this.
- You can always cook some coins if you’re hungry! Like gem crafting, you can prepare some meals even if you don’t have some ingredients by throwing some Silver Nopon Coins in the food. Bon appétit!
- Crafting gems is very important in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, so it’s good to have some Gold Nopon Coins to help you prepare. You can use these coins instead of the materials you need for some gem.
Leveling up classes
- You can use Nopon Coins to level up your characters’ class levels. You can do this simply by fighting and solving quests, so don’t waste Silver for this if it’s not essential.
- You can complete some Collectopaedia requests by using Nopon Coins.
For more details on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, check out guides like What’s new in the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 battle system and What is Ouroboros in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on GameTips.PRO.