Stardust is an essential material in Pokémon GO. It’s a consumable used for trading and evolution, so players must know how to gain this valuable resource.
Players can earn Stardust by capturing Pokémon, hatching them, participating in trainer events, or participating in the GO Battle League.
Related: Hisuian Zorua and Zoroark shown off in Pokémon Legends: Arceus
The most common way players can earn Stardust is by catching various Pokémon in the game. Each Pokémon player’s catch grants a minimum of 100 stardust, and weather boosts can increase the net gain from a capture. The higher the evolution of the Pokémon, the more Stardust a player can earn as well. We’ve posted a chart from the Pokémon GO Wiki below with each of the possible Stardust payouts.
|Pokémon Type||Base Dust||Weather Boost||Total Stardust|
This first catch of the day also grants a Stardust bonus of 1,800, and if players catch Pokemon seven days in a row, they’ll earn 9,000 Stardust.
Make sure to keep the following methods in mind as well when playing GO, as these unconventional methods can net players substantial Stardust.
- Depending on the type of egg players hatch, they’ll also earn some Stardust for every Pokémon that they gain this way.
- Opening gifts can result in 100, 200, or 300 Stardust.
- Completing Raid Battles grants 1,000 Stardust.
- Participating in Trainer Battles in the Great League can earn players up to 600 Stardust, Ultra League Team Battle can grant up to 800 Stardust, and Master League Team Battle may earn players up to 1,000 Stardust.
- Defeat Team GO Rocket Grunts for 500 Stardust.
- Beat Giovanni for 5,000 Stardust.
- Claim the Research Breathrough for 2,000 Stardust.
Be sure to check out the Pokémon GO Wiki for more information, as they’ve helped many a player scrounge up the resources they need, including us.
For more on Pokémon, be sure to check out some of our other guides, like the Pokémon Go Raid Schedule: All Current Bosses and Counters (October 2021) here on Pro Game Guides.