In Horizon Forbidden West, Chargers will only really pose a threat to Aloy in one specific way. Their Antlers are their primary mode of attack as Charger will use them to ram players with a charged attack. If players target this body part, they can remove it from the machine, resulting in its charged attacks being disabled. This can save players a lot of HP during battle.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Players can attack machines with different kinds of elemental attacks. Elemental attacks in the game include Fire, Shock, Frost, Plasma, Purgewater, and Acid. The Charger will be weak to damage from Shock attacks and will not be strong against any elemental attacks.
Related: How to defeat Tideripper in Horizon Forbidden West?
There are a few different body parts on a Charger, and each one will drop different loot and deal different amounts of damage to the machine when attacked by players. The body parts on a Charger are:
- Blaze Canister
Machines in Horizon Forbidden West will drop different loot items, with many being specific to each kind of machine. Some can be looted from a fallen machine, while others will need to be removed (shot off with an arrow or removes with a hit from the spear) while the machine is still alive. The Charger will drop a long list of loot items:
- Blaze (Common) – Dropped from Body and Blaze Canister
- Metal Shards (Common) – Dropped from Body
- Charger Circulator* (Uncommon) – Dropped from Body
- Machine Muscle (Uncommon) – Dropped from Body
- Charger Primary Nerve* (Uncommon) – Dropped from Body
- Small Machine Core (Uncommon) – Dropped from Body
- Metal Bone (Rare) – Dropped from Body
- Braided Wire (Common) – Dropped from Body
- Sturdy Hardplate (Common) – Dropped from Body
- Charger Horn* (Rare) – Dropped from Horns
*Loot items marked with an asterisk are exclusively dropped from the Charger machine.
In Horizon Forbidden West, Cauldrons allow players to override the machines within that Cauldron once they have completed it. Completing a Cauldron usually means traversing through its dungeon-like corridors and facing off against a boss at the end. The Charger is a part of the PSI Overrides Cauldron.
Interested in other machine guides in Horizon Forbidden West? Check out How to defeat the Slitherfang in Horizon Forbidden West on Pro Game Guides!