Several novice CS: GO traders need to study many parameters and factors before entering the market. One such parameter involved in trading is the Float Value of cosmetic skin. The Float Value is a numerical number between 0.0 to 1 assigned to a skin randomly after acquiring from a crate. The numerical value denotes the usage status of the skin. The higher the Float Value of weapon skin, the more worn out it is and lowers its pricing value.
To check the Float Value of any skin in CS: GO, you need to visit your inventory and select the inspect option.
Different types of Float Values and their meaning
- Factory New(FN) : 0.00 – 0.07
- Minimal Wear(MW) : 0.07 – 0.15.
- Field Tested(FT) : 0.15 – 0.37
- Well Worn(WW) : 0.37 and 0.44
- Battle Scarred(BS) : anything above 0.44
Related: How to get a dot crosshair in Valorant
Checking the Float Value of your cosmetic skins
To check the Float Value of your skin, follow the given steps.
- Launch the game and in the main menu, click on the inventory option from the left side panel.
- Now, select the skin for which you need to know the Float Value and right-click on it.
- Choose the inspect option from the right-click menu and click on the “i” icon on the bottom of the screen.
- A new pop window will show all the details of the skin along with the Wear Ratings or the so-called Float Value.
- You can also use any third-party website like cs.money to know the Float Value of your skins. They also suggest fair trading offers for your skins along with it.
Remember, most skins in the game can depict the Float Value through their physical appearance. For example, a Factory’s New cosmetic skin would appear all shiny and sparkly, whereas a Battle-Scarred weapon skin will have dull appeal.
For more awesome guides, check out the Guides section on Pro Game Guides.