There are two ways to change your passkey in Xbox Series X/S and one way to change your password.
Because your Microsoft account is linked to your e-mail account, you must change your e-mail password to change your Xbox password. To change your passkey, there are two methods listed below.
If you remember your passkey to Xbox
- Make sure you’re on the main menu of your console.
- Press the Xbox button in the middle of your controller.
- A new menu will appear to the left.
- Move to the tab to the very right, which has your account picture.
- Go to Settings.
- Move to the Account Tab.
- Go to Sign-in, security & passkey.
- To delete the passkey, select Delete my passkey.
- To change your passkey, select Change my sign-in & security preferences.
Related: Best Upcoming Xbox Series X Games in 2022
If you forgot the passkey to Xbox
When you forget your passkey and are unable to access console features, you can get a new one by using your Microsoft account password.
- Enter any 6-digit combination three times when prompted to enter your passkey on the console.
- When prompted, enter your Microsoft account password.
- Select Make a new passkey.
- Once you’ve entered a new passkey, enter it again to confirm.
This is your new passkey.
Be sure to check out the staff’s favorite picks in our Pro Game Guides Staff’s Games of the Year 2021!