If you love real-time battles in role-playing games, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has you covered. There are many types of fights, and some of the more interesting are Skirmish battles. These are clashes between two sides where you can choose who to help. Your decision will depend primarily on the reward you get if the side you picked prevails. So, how do Skirmishes work in Xenoblade Chronicles 3?
Which side should you pick in a Skirmish in XC3?
Skirmishes are battles between two factions where you’re free to pick who you will help. Which side you choose in Skirmish will depend on what rewards you need the most at the moment. Always pick the option that rewards you with Nopon Coins, as they are essential for many activities in the game. Here’s how Skirmishes work in Xenoblade Chronicles 3:
- Explore the map until you see a red icon with two swords.
- Head to the Skirmish location until you get the option to choose sides.
- Choose a side depending on the Victory Spoils. Note that sometimes you won’t be able to pick a side.
- If you think you’re not up to it, you can disengage and let them fight without you.
- If the side you allied with wins, you will receive a reward. If the side you helped is connected to some of the colonies, you’ll improve your affinity level.
The great news is these Skirmishes respawn when you leave an area with fast travel and return afterward. The bad news is that you won’t be rewarded for reprising the fight, which is especially important to know if you’re farming Nopon Coins. You’ll still earn some experience from these fights, if it’s any consolation.
For more Xenoblade Chronicles 3 guides, check out All stats in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and what they mean and How Collectopaedia Cards work in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on GameTips.PRO.