In addition to the new quickplay game modes like Knockout and Prisoner Rescue, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 introduced another multiplayer mode called Invasion. A variation of the original Ground War from Modern Warfare 2019, it may become the next successful game mode in the shooter franchise.
How to play Invasion in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
The Invasion mode in Modern Warfare 2 is essentially a large-scale team deathmatch (TDM) involving human operators and A.I. soldiers. The game mode supports up to 32v32 players and puts you on a map far bigger than the ones used for the regular 6v6 modes of Call of Duty.
Players in each team are further separated into squads of fours. Your main objective in Ground War Invasion is to score as many points for your team as possible by various means. Whichever team reaches the 1000 points mark first wins the game. Points are awarded in the following order for this mode:
- One point: Eliminating an A.I. soldier or combatant.
- Two points: Shooting down an enemy UAV or Counter-UAV killstreak.
- Three points: Shooting down a VTOL Jet, Support Helo, or Chopper Gunner killstreak.
- Five points: Eliminating an enemy operator, shooting down an enemy Gunship, or destroying an operator owned vehicle.
Modern Warfare 2 Invasion Guide
- Utilize vehicles: Different types of ground and aerial vehicles are dropped regularly in various sections of the map. You can look out for these drops using your tac map and capture a vehicle to gain an edge over your opponents. Vehicles are best used for attacking and relocating.
- Identify combatants from operators: While enemy and friendly operators are marked with the usual triangular icon on the tac map, A.I. soldiers are marked with a circle.
- Beware of the combatants: The A.I. soldiers parachute in from the sky and spawn on the ground for both teams. While killing an enemy team bot may seem easy, they can be a distraction and may also result in your death.
- Capture Care Packages: These boxes drop at regular intervals across the map and securing one can grant you from one of the many killstreaks in Modern Warfare 2.
- Take out killstreaks: As mentioned above, shooting down various killstreaks from the sky grants you points, hence, keeping a launcher in your custom loadout is a good move.
Stay tuned to GameTips.PRO for more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 content. In the meantime, head over to our article on All Perks in Modern Warfare 2 Beta and When does Call of Duty League 2023 start?