Genshin Impact’s development team continues to expand Teyvat with new areas, characters, and exciting events and stories, one update at a time. While Version 2.7 is just about to come, there’s a lot to be excited about in the upcoming Version 2.8 update, which will fall around the summertime!
Check out this compilation of leaked content that’s expected to drop in the next update. But remember: take leaks with a grain of salt and know that changes between the beta server and actual release aren’t uncommon.
A huge thank you to Genshin_Intel, WFP, Honey Impact, Project Celestia, Revue Impact, and the Genshin Impact community for providing information.
Genshin Impact 2.8 Release Date
HoYoverse confirmed that Genshin Impact’s Version 2.8 update is scheduled for July 13, 2022. Reference the roadmap below for when to expect the upcoming updates. But keep in mind that Version 2.8’s end date and beyond is purely guesswork based on the game’s six-week update period.
- Version Update 2.7—Scheduled for May 31, 2022, and will run until July 12, 2022.
- Version Update 2.8—Scheduled for July 13, 2022, and will run until Aug. 24, 2022.
- Version Update 3.0—Scheduled for Aug. 25, 2022, and will run until Oct. 6, 2022.
HoYoverse officially confirmed the upcoming character Shikanoin Heizou, who will be a four-star Anemo catalyst user with a unique martial arts-inspired playstyle. Relying on his fists over his weapon, Heizou will bring a fresh combat style that can be applied to DPS and Support roles. Reference our guide on Heizou’s Skills, Talents, Ascension materials, and more to prepare for the Tenryou Commission’s best detective’s release.
Based on early leaks, the following characters may appear in the Version 2.8 featured banners. Keep in mind that the information is subject to change at any time.
- First Phase—Kaedehara Kazuha (five-star Anemo sword) and Shikanoin Heizou (four-star Anemo catalyst)
- Second Phase—Yoimiya (five-star Pyro bow) and Klee (five-star Pyro catalyst) with concurrent banners
See below for the new weapon that’s expected to drop in Version 2.8. Do note that it hasn’t been confirmed, so don’t take the information as final.
This is a Sword
- This is leaked to be a free four-star sword that gets its name after completing Kazuha’s Story Quest. It can’t be refined.
- Attack: 42 to 510
- Substat: Attack (9 to 41.3 percent)
- Passive: When a Normal, Charged, or Plunging Attack hits an opponent, it will whip up a Hewing Gale, dealing AoE Damage equal to 180 percent of Attack and increasing Attack by 15 percent every eight seconds. This effect can be triggered once every eight seconds.
New Major Quests
Leakers have discovered that Kaedehara Kazuha will finally get his first Story Quest in Version 2.8, the Acer Palmatum Chapter: Act I. It will likely be connected to the free four-star weapon above. Additionally, Shikanoin Heizou‘s Hangout event is also expected to make a debut in Version 2.8.
- A 45 FPS option may be added for PC players.
- Players may be able to uninstall and reinstall past quest resources, which will allow them to free up storage space.
Golden Apple Archipelago Rerun: Summertime Odyssey
The Golden Apple Archipelago is leaked to make a rerun in Version 2.8. Alice may have done a bit of remodeling this time, as a castle-like structure emerged in the Twinning Isle! The fairytale-themed event may feature the characters Fischl, Oz, Kaedehara Kazuha, Xinyan, Yun Jin, Mona, Venti, Xiangling, and a mysterious character named Nahida. Other leaks suggest Nahida’s possible identity.
Players also spotted buildings based on Monstadt’s architecture in the Golden Apple Archipelago, but leakers have not revealed anything about their significance to the event story.
- Castle in the Twinning Isle—its interior is alleged to be explorable.
- Island Remodeling—a new puzzle type may require players to rearrange islands.
- Dreamlike Visions—this portion is expected to be similar to the Echoing Tales from the first Goldern Apple Archipelago event. Players may need to collect Iridescent Floatsam to exchange for rewards.
- Free four-star Fischl skin—redeemable with 2,000 event currency.
Evermotion Mechanical Painting
A character named Félix Yogue, possibly from Fontaine, needs the Traveler’s help to restore an Evermotion Mechanical Painting. The event is leaked to be a jigsaw puzzle, where players need to choose parts to complete images, similar to the Irodori Festival’s ikebana segment.
This event is leaked to take place in the Dawn Winery, where players will encounter a series of dungeon battles. The event story will focus on Diluc, who may also get a five-star skin thematically connected to the event. Since five-star skins are historically not given out for free, interested players may need to collect 1,350 Genesis Crystals to get the skin at a discounted rate during the event period.
While waiting for Version 2.8, don’t forget to play through the currently-running event. Check out our guide on All characters’ favorite Fragrant Dishes in the Genshin Impact Spices from the West event to help you out.