With many players already completing the Main Scenario Quests of Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, less than a week after the main game’s launch, their focus has changed to the upcoming patches. Luckily we have a good idea of the current patch timeline for Final Fantasy XIV.
Here are the confirmed dates for patches, events, and updates for Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker:
- Patch 6.01 release date – Dec. 21, 2021
- Starlight celebration event – Middle of December
- Heavensturn event – Dec. 31, 2021
- Patch 6.05 release date – Jan. 4, 2022
- All Saints’ Wake – Late Jan.
Related: Is Endwalker Final Fantasy XIV’s last expansion?
In addition, we have some unconfirmed dates for core patches of Endwalker:
- Patch 6.1 release date – Late first quarter 2022 (expected)
- Patch 6.2 release date – Third to fourth quarter 2022 (projected)
If those two patches seem to be quite far apart, don’t worry—there are almost always minor patches in between that add new stories, new raids, and other content.
Overall, Endwalker is set for a packed first few months filled with events, patches, new content, and updates galore. And even as Endwalker enters the middle of its lifespan, the patch schedule is filled enough to keep you playing for a long time. Final Fantasy XIV has kept to a fairly strict schedule of an expansion every two years since the launch of A Realm Reborn in 2013. And there’s sure to be plenty of content for the rest of the expansion.
For more Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker information, check out When do Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker’s raids release? on Pro Game Guides.