The second half of Genshin Impact 2.3 adds new story quests and lore, along with expanding the roster of playable characters. With crimson horns, and the blood of the oni coursing through his veins, there’s one new character crashing the party that players won’t want to miss – Arataki Itto.
Arataki Itto Abilities
Itto is a five-star claymore user wielding the power of Geo. He values Defense and is meant to act as a Main Damage-Per-Second character, being able to survive massive attacks while dealing lethal ones of his own. When not using his burst, Itto will mainly rely on dealing damage through the use of charged slash attacks.
Every second and fourth successful hit from Itto’s Normal Attacks will grant him one or two Superlative Stacks, respectively. Players can hold a maximum of five Superlative Stacks at a time. These stacks are used in place of stamina to deliver a chain of Charged Attacks called Arataki Kesagiri slashes, ending with a devastating smash. If no stacks are held, Itto delivers a single Saichimonji slash.
Arataki Itto’s Elemental Skill sees him hurling Ushi at enemies, a young akaushi bull and member of the Arataki Gang. T
- Inherits a portion of Itto’s HP, scaling with his max HP
- Taunts nearby enemies to draw their attacks
- Itto will gain one Superlative Stack each time Ushi takes DMG, with a maximum of one stack being gained this way every two seconds
- Ushi will flee the field after its duration ends or upon reaching zero HP, granting Itto one Superlative Stack
Related: Best Arataki Itto Build in Genshin Impact
Itto’s Elemental Burst draws out the power of his oni blood, entering the Raging Oni King state and transforming his claymore into the Oni King’s Kanabō for a period of time. While using his Burst, Itto experiences the following effects:
- Itto’s Normal, Charged, and Plunging attacks are converted to Geo Damage. This effect cannot be overridden.
- Normal Attack speed is increased. Itto’s Attack is also increased by a percentage of his Defense
- Each first and third successful hit of Itto’s Normal Attack combo will grant him one Superlative Stack
- Itto’s Elemental and Physical RES is reduced by 20 percent
The Raging King Oni’s duration will end if Itto leaves the field.
Itto has three passive skills:
- Woodchuck Chucked – increases the chances of players gaining additional logs of wood when collecting wood from trees
- Arataki Ichiban – increases Itto’s resistance to interruption and increased slashing speed while using Arataki Kesagiri
- Bloodline Of The Crimson Oni, increases the Damage of Arataki Kesagiri by a percentage of Itto’s Defense
Arataki Itto’s English voice actor is Max Mittelman, and his Japanese voice actor is Nishikawa Takanori. Players may recognize Mittelman’s voice from his roles as Shigure in Tales Of Berseria, or Ryuji in Persona 5. Takanori, on the other hand, might be recognized from his work on Mobile Suit Gundam Seed and Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny.
Players can catch a peek of Itto through his release trailers, but the story quest Taurus Iracundus Chapter: Act I – Rise Up Golden Soul is when he is formally introduced.
Related: Farming for Arataki Itto | Genshin Impact
While Itto is mainly known as the Leader of the infamous Arataki Gang in Hanamizaka, he has a habit of giving himself various additional titles. Some examples are:
- Arataki “The Oni Sumo King” Itto
- Arataki “No Prison Food For Me” Itto
- Arataki “The Unbeaten Troublemaker” Itto
Rumors about Arataki Itto describe him as mean and overbearing. The children of Inazuma, however, paint a different picture of Itto- a kind giant, busy with catching bugs and trading cards.
Yoimiya is often forced into friendly competitions with Arataki Itto, while Kujou Sara has been constantly challenged to battles ever since confiscating Itto’s vision during the Vision Hunt Decree. Arataki Itto is prideful and steadfast in upholding his principles, possibly stemming his oni heritage.
Itto’s special dish is Way of the Strong. This dish revives a character and restores 15 percent of their max Health, then an additional 550 Health.
Arataki Itto’s first wish appearance will be on the Oni’s Royale banner, and he will be available from Dec. 14th, 2021 to Jan. 4, 2022. The Geo user Gorou will appear alongside Itto, giving players the opportunity to try their luck at adding either of these new characters to their team during that time.
Looking for more great Genshin Impact content? Check out Let the Arataki Gang Show Begin! Web Event Guide – Genshin Impact here on Pro Game Guides.