Deathroot is a key item in Elden Ring that unlocks some powerful incantations other items if delivered to the particular character, here is where you can find them all.
- Tibia Mariner boss at Summonwater Village.
- In the Black Knife Assassin Boss room, a chest inside the Deathtouched Catacombs in Limgrave.
- Tibia Mariner boss at Carian Study Hall Tower.
- Tibia Mariner boss at Wyndham Ruins.
- Red Wolf of the Champion boss at the Gelmir Hero’s Grave
- In a chest inside the Black Knife Catacombs in Liurnia, in the Cemetery Shade boss room.
The first two on the above list are the easiest to obtain in the game’s early stages. The Tibia Mariner boss fights aren’t too difficult if you can manage the skeletons. The Beast Eye key item will tremble when you are near a Deathroot.
Related: Where to get the Ring Sword of the Night and Flame in Elden Ring
What to do with Deathroot?
After acquiring a Deathroot, you will need to speak with D, Hunter of the Dead. He is either located in the central room of the Roundtable or at the cemetery west of Summonwater Village. He will tell you about a friend who loves Deathroot and mark a sending gate on your map. The gate is in west Lymgrave.
Traveling through this gate will take you to Dragonbarrow, be sure to grab the site of grace and talk to the character at the end of the hallway.
Gurranq wants Deathroots and will give you a reward for each Deathroot you provide him. The rewards he gives are:
- Clawmark Seal (Faith Catalyst) and Beast Eye (Key Item)
- Bestial Sling (Incantation)
- Bestial Vitality (Incantation)
- Beast’s Roar (Ash of War) and a boss fight
- Beast Claw (Incantation)
- Stone of Gurranq (Incantation)
For more on Elden Ring guides, check out What do Ashes do in Elden Ring? and How to get into Lenne’s Rise Tower in Elden Ring