Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, just like any other CoD game, utilizes the Perk system. There are a total of 15 different Perks distributed among 3 Perk categories. Players can equip up to 3 perks at a time, one from each category.
However, you can run a maximum of 6 perks simultaneously in the game. This can be achieved by the “Perk Greed” Wildcard. Although there are a total of four Wildcards available in Cold War, Perk Greed is undoubtedly the most overpowered of them all.
This guide showcases the 6 best perks in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. The perks that are not listed here may be a good option for you, but the ones shown are preferred for an aggressive playstyle.
- Flak Jacket: This perk reduces the damage you receive from enemy lethal equipment. These include semtex, molotov and other explosives.
- Tactical Mask: It grants you immunity to gas alongside a huge resistance to enemy tactical equipment such as flashbangs and stun grenades.
Forward Intel is another decent perk that you should consider after the above two. It increases the minimap size and shows indicators for enemy reinforcements.
Related: Best FOV Settings in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Quartermaster: This perk recharges your tactical and lethal equipment overtime. You will be restocked with equipment over 25 seconds.
- Tracker: It allows you to see enemy footsteps imprinted on the ground over a brief duration. Furthermore, aiming at an enemy will reveal them on your team’s minimap. However, it can be countered by equipping the Spycraft perk available in slot 3.
- Ghost: It allows you to stay undetected from enemy Spy Planes. It only works when you are moving, controlling scorestreaks or planting/defusing bombs.
- Gung-Ho: This perk allows you to move at full speed while reloading your weapon. You can fire more accurately while sliding, receive less fall damage and switch weapons faster. Moreover, you can simultaneously fire your weapon and use equipment while sprinting.
This Perk category is the most crucial one as it holds several important and powerful Perks. You can try each of the 5 perks and choose the best one for your playstyle. For example, Ninja can be equipped instead of Gung-Ho if you want to sprint more quietly.
For more guides on Call of Duty, check out Best Aim Assist Settings in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on Pro Game Guides.