Mew is a Ranged Attack in Pokemon Unite and greatly benefits from raising their Special Attack to deal more damage. They are a unique Pokemon that has three different move options for their first and second moves. These moves can be reset as well, giving Mew more versatility than any other Pokemon. The best builds depend on the player’s playstyle and Mew can change this constantly. These are the best Mew Builds in Pokemon Unite.
Best Uses for Mew in Pokemon Unite
As a Ranged Attacker, Mew is better played from a distance from enemy Pokemon. Its Ability Synchronize helps itself and its Allies keep a safe distance by increasing their Movement Speed by 15% whenever Mew uses a move for two seconds. It also gets the Move Reset Ability at level 5, allowing Mew to reset both of its moves. Whenever it is learned, Mew will charge it Unite Move as well so it is useful to use even if players are picking the same moves as before.
At level one, Mew will have a choice of learning Electro Ball, Solar Beam, or Surf. Electro Ball has about a four second cooldown and will lower the speed of targets within an area by 40% and increases in damage the lower the HP of the target. Solar Beam has a cooldown of roughly seven seconds and is another high damaging move that will refresh faster the more targets it hits. It also gives Mew an extra Boost Counter, making its Boosted Attack come out faster. Surf doesn’t do as much damage but will instead stun enemies. It has a nine second cooldown and grants Mew a Shield for three seconds.
At level three, Mew will learn either Coaching, Light Screen, or Agility. Coaching gives allies a Shield for three seconds, 40% increased Basic Attack Speed for two seconds, and can be used repeatedly on allies who haven’t been coached within seven seconds of each other. Whenever it is used, the cooldown for Mew’s first move is reduced by one second. Light Screen will buff Solar Beam, Electro Ball, and Surf when the move passes through the screen. It also decreases the damage that Mew receives by 25% and can act as a wall for enemies. When used and activated again, Light Screen will be pulled towards Mew and follow them around for four seconds. Agility is the simplest of the three moves and allows Mew to dash. It has two charges, a six second cooldown, and gives Mew a 20% Movement Speed buff.
Related: Best Absol Builds in Pokemon Unite
Mew’s Unite Move unlocks at level eight and has a 123 second cooldown. When activated, Mew will become invincible for six seconds and will make itself and all allies within the activated field to become fully stealthed. After players come out, the field will deal damage to anyone within it. Attacking while being stealthed will take Mew out of stealth as well, requiring some coordination with teammates to use effectively.
Best Held and Battle Items for Mew
With how versatile Mew can be, Held and Battle Items become much more important in determining how effective they are during a match. Players can go for an even build to ensure Mew survives more encounters or go for full damage in order to take out Pokemon quickly and efficiently.
Best Held Items
- Choice Specs – Provides Mew with more damage and makes builds with Light Screen even stronger.
- Focus Band – Mew is very frail but can escape many encounters with the enemy due to both Light Screen and Agility. Recovering its HP with Focus Band gives Mew enough time to survive, run, and snipe enemy Pokemon with a well timed Solar Beam or Electro Ball.
- Shell Bell – Keeping Mew healthy is important in matches but the small Special Attack buff from Shell Bell can mean the difference between a knockout and an enemy surviving a snipe.
- Sp. Atk Specs – Mew’s high mobility makes scoring much easier than other Pokemon. Even without a Score Shield, this item can be considered for quick scores to build stacks fast and early.
- Wise Glasses – The Special Attack increase is percentage based and will scale with Mew’s very sudden rise in Special Attack in the late game. It is to be considered on any DPS build.
Best Battle Items
- X Attack – The Special Attack buff from this item is perfect for Solar Beam snipes or finishing off Pokemon with Electro Ball.
- X Speed – Slow down is extremely powerful in the gain and if move gets caught in something like a Slowbro’s Scald, Mew can get overwhelmed easily. By removing speed penalties and debuffs, Mew can avoid this, catch up to enemies, or ensure a score at the end of a match.
Best Builds for Mew
Of all the builds Mew can utilize, high damage is common among them all. No matter the build, Mew should stay in the back. A Melee Attacker can take down Mew quickly. Mew players will find that hiding in the grass will give them good results in taking out Pokemon that are already low or taking Pokemon out of position.
Solar Beam and Light Screen
The most powerful of Mew’s move combinations are Solar Beam and Light Screen. This is mainly due to Solar Beam’s range and ability to attack multiple targets at once. On a full DPS build with Choice Specs, Wise Glasses, and either Shell Bell or Sp. Atk Glasses, Mew becomes one of the deadliest Pokemon to encounter from a distance. X Attack only makes them more powerful, especially in the late game when Mew’s Special Attack becomes sky high.
Surf and Coaching
When playing with a team, Surf and Coaching can become very powerful when dealing with high DPS Pokemon. The extra shield on every ally is very useful from Coaching while Surf can be used to keep enemies from running or from using their moves and scoring. Resetting these moves after the Shields have been applied is a viable strategy as well, giving Mew the chance to DPS after giving their allies what they need. Focus Band, Choice Specs, and Wise Glasses is a great combination to give Mew damage and the ability to survive an encounter, Surf to hinder opponents, and heal up when they can’t act.
Any move combination that Mew chooses can be reset with a 20 second cooldown. As long as players know what their moves do, they can adapt to the situation whenever they need to. In team fights, Mew can start off with Surf and Light Screen to disrupt enemies and quickly switch to Electro Ball and Agility to catch up to any Pokemon that tries to run away.
For more Pokemon Unite guides, check out Best Hoopa Builds in Pokémon Unite on GameTips.PRO.