In Biomutant, players will fight enemies with powerful abilities that consist of slimy Radioactive bile, sprouting mushrooms, and shotguns shaped like a trumpets! Some of these Abilities and Mutations are better and more effective than others.
Best Biomutant Abilities and Mutations
Biogenetics and Psi-Powers are the two types of Mutations, or special abilities, in Biomutant. Players can unlock these Mutations by gaining upgrade points in two different ways, depending on the Mutation. Check out our list of the best Biomutant Abilities and Mutations.
Biogenetics are like utility or spell-like abilities, that allow players to have the most eccentric fun with, while dealing crazy damage to their enemies. Biopoints that are gained by defeating Biocreeps, locating containers, and hitting up Nuclear Power sites, are the points needed to unlock these Mutations. These are the best five Mutations to unlock in the game.
- Vile Bile– Discharges a green toxic slushy substance, directly in the direction players are facing and inflicts damage to every enemy it touches.
- Fungi– Bouncy mushrooms that can be strategically placed somewhere, allowing players to jump on them to gain some additional hops. Players can also give their smaller enemies an unexpected boost in the air, by spawning the Fungi underneath them. While enemies are in the air, finish them off with a ranged weapon or some nice aerial moves.
- Rad Wisps– Unleases Radioactive Particles that seek out targets and deals Radioactive damage to any enemies that are hit by the particles.
- Mucus Bubble– Players can summon a bubble of mucus around themselves and jump to bounce or roll over enemies in their path, sticking them to the bubble. Enemies will discharge when players burst the bubble.
- Mud Punch– Raise the ground up, into a column of mud, that will send smaller enemies into the air. Follow that up with a melee attack and finish them off with some nice aerial strikes.
Related: How to Destroy the Boomhut in Biomutant: The Bang Boomhut Guide
These elemental Biomutant abilities have a sort of X-Men power feel to them, allowing players to choose a path of good or evil. Players must make the correct choices when in dialogues or while interacting with Shrines, captives, and civilians to gain the Aura Points needed to unlock Psi-Powers. Giving players the ability to create ice and fire, levitate, or create cataclysmic strikes from the sky, to obliterate the target enemy; these abilities are the best five Psi-Powers for players to explore in Biomutant.
- Blaze– Launches players forward, leaving a trail of fire behind them, inflicting burning damage to any enemies that may be trying to catch up.
- Freeze– Summon disastrous ice spikes from the ground, inflicting cold damage to every enemy within a wide radius. Enemies will have a hard time balancing and they will slip, slide, and uncontrollably glide all over the ice. Take advantage of that.
- Levitate– Allows players to float in the air. Combine this Psi-Power with ranged or melee weapons, and other abilities to inflict greater damage.
- Ki Sparks– Players will face targets directly and shock enemies with electrical currents.
- Skyspark– Players will assemble a catastrophic strike, wherever they place the impact marker. Confirm the impact location to devastatingly annihilate the enemies that are targeted. The strike covers a wide radius and is remarkably powerful.
Related: Can You Change Tribes in Biomutant?
Wung-Fu is the essential combat abilities and weapons system, that players will focus on in the game, apart from the game’s Mutation and Abilities system. This is where players will fight enemies with melee weapons like, swords and hammers or ranged weapons like crossbows, pistols, and shotguns. Players can also fuse their Wung-Fu with their Biogenetic and Psi-Powers to create killer combos, that will cause additional damage to their target. Master the special attacks for a weapon type, to activate the Super Wung-Fu State that lies within!
Be sure to stay tuned for all things Biomutant! Explore the different features of your Biomutant character with our guide on How to change Appearance in Biomutant.