Horizon Forbidden West, the long-awaited sequel to 2017’s Horizon Zero Dawn, releases on February 18, 2022. With a new addition to the Horizon franchise comes new enemies, machines, challenges, and lands to explore. One of the staples of any AAA game is its long list of trophies and achievements. Horizon Forbidden West will have no shortage of these, with over 50 trophies for players to tackles and unlock.
Most of the trophies in Horizon Forbidden West will be Bronze trophies. This means that the trophy is easier to obtain than others and players won’t have to go too far out of their way to obtain them.
- Use Dye Flowers (Bronze) – Used dye flowers to unlock and apply a new dye.
- Recovered 5 Different Collectibles (Bronze) – Completed 1 Survey Drone, 1 Black Box, 1 Relic Ruin, 1 Vista Point, and 1 Signal Tower.
- Unlocked 3 Weapon Techniques (Bronze) – Unlocked a Weapon Technique for 3 different weapon classes.
- Enhanced Weapon with Coils (Bronze) – Equipped a weapon of any tier with 2 coils.
- Upgrade Every Pouch Type (Bronze) – Upgraded the Food Pouch, Potion Pouch, Resource Pouch, Trap Pouch, and any ammo pouch at least once.
- Upgraded 3 Outfits (Bronze) – Fully upgraded 3 different outfits.
- Upgraded 3 Weapons (Bronze) – Fully upgraded 3 weapons.
- Fully Upgraded a Valor Surge (Bronze) – Upgraded a Valor Surge to its maximum level.
- Defeated the Enduring (Bronze) – Defeated the Tenakth melee master known as the Enduring.
- Picked up 5 Heavy Weapons (Bronze) – Picked up 5 different heavy weapons.
- Override 10 Types of Machines (Bronze) – Unlocked and used the overrides for 10 different types of machine.
- Tore off 100 Components (Bronze) – Detached 100 components from machines.
- Stealth Killed 10 Machines (Bronze) – Performed a stealth kill on 10 machines.
- Performed 3 Melee Combos (Bronze) – Successfully performed 3 different unlockable melee combos.
- Used all Elemental States (Bronze) – Inflicted every elemental state on an enemy at least once.
- Obtained All Weapon Classes (Bronze) – Obtained 1 weapon from every weapon class.
- Defeat Machine Strike Challengers (Bronze) – Won a match against 2 different Machine Strike challengers.
- Completed Arena Challenge Set (Bronze) – Completed 1 Arena challenge set.
- Completed 3 Relic Ruins (Bronze) – Discovered and completed 3 Relic Ruins.
- Completed 4 Rebel Outposts (Bronze) – Defeat the outpost leader and recovered the tags from 4 Rebel Outposts.
- Completed a Set of Salvage Contract (Bronze) – Completed all contracts at a Salvage Contractor.
- Won 2 Gauntlet Runs (Bronze) – Won first place in two different Gauntlet Runs.
- Completed 2 Flying Mount Quests (Bronze) – Completed 2 quests that required a flying mount.
- Complete a Long Glide (Bronze) – Glided uninterrupted for 60 seconds.
- Rode All Regular Mounts (Bronze) – Rode a Charger, Bristleback, and Clawstrider.
- All Transport Machines Killed (Bronze) – Killed at least one of every type of Transport machine.
- All Combat Machines Killed (Bronze) – Killed at least one of every type of Combat machine.
- All Recon Machines Killed (Bronze) – Killed at least one of every type of Reconnaissance machine.
- All Acquisition Machines Killed (Bronze) – Killed at least one of every type of Acquisition machine.
- Obtained 3 Stripes at a Hunting Ground (Bronze) – Earned at least a Quarter Stripe mark in all three trials at one Hunting Lodge.
- First Core Overridden (Bronze) – Reached the Core of a Cauldron and accessed its information.
- First Rebel Camp Completed (Bronze) – Completed key objectives in 1 Rebel Camp.
- First Tallneck Overridden (Bronze) – Reached the top of a Tallneck and accessed its information.
- Recovered Alva’s Data (Bronze) – Helped Alva retrieve data to help the Quen.
- Healed the Land-Gods (Bronze) – Helped Zo reboot the land-gods to save Plainsong.
- Aided Kotallo (Bronze) – Helped Kotallo build and test a mechanized arm.
- Saved the Daunt (Bronze) – Resolved all of the problems troubling the Daunt.
- Chose a Desert Commander (Bronze) – Aided both Drakka and Yarra and chose the better candidate.
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 1 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #1
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 2 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #2
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 3 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #3
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 4 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #4
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 5 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #5
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 6 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #6
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 7 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #7
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 8 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #8
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 9 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #9
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 10 (Bronze) – Hidden Story Trophy #10
- Reached Level 20 (Bronze) – Reached player level 20.
- Reached Level 30 (Bronze) – Reached player level 30.
Silver trophies are slightly more difficult to obtain than Bronze trophies. These trophies often represent the end of a collection or the top-tier of a leveling system.
- Skill Tree Learned (Silver) – Learned all available skills on one tree.
- All Machine Types Scanned (Silver) – Encountered and Focus scanned every type of Machine.
- Obtained 3 Stripes at all Hunting Grounds (Silver) – Earned at least a Quarter Stripe mark in all three trials at all Hunting Grounds.
- All Cores Overridden (Silver) – Reached the Core of every Cauldron and accessed their information.
- Defeated Asera (Silver) – Investigated all Rebel Camps and helped Erend defeat Asera.
- All Tallnecks Overridden (Silver) – Reached the top of every Tallneck and accessed their information.
- Reached Level 50 (Silver) – Reached player level 50.
Gold and Platinum trophies
Gold trophies are often difficult or challenging to obtain, with Platinum trophies being the final one players can earn as it is awarded to players who have completed all other trophies.
- *Hidden* Story Trophy 11 (Gold) – Hidden Story Trophy #11
- All Trophies Obtained (Platinum) – Obtained all Horizon Forbidden West trophies.
Many of Horizon Forbidden West’s trophies are collectible or level-based, with a few stand-out trophies centered on challenges. Players will also unlock a total of 11 trophies by playing through and completing the game’s main story.
Related: Does Horizon Forbidden West have difficulty based Trophies?
The Horizon franchise is known for its fantastic world-building and story. There will be no trophies in Horizon Forbidden West that are locked to a difficulty level, which is great news for players who prefer to play on a lower, more relaxed difficulty setting and focus primarily on the story.
Interested in Horizon Forbidden West and want to read more? Check out How to get the Nora Legacy Outfit & Spear in Horizon Forbidden West on Pro Game Guides!