Tanks have had the most changes in Overwatch 2 and are the only class that is limited to having one in a group. It is still possible to play with multiple Tank Heroes in Open Queue game modes, but the balancing is set around having just one around. Several buffs and reworks were done for the change and many of the characters feel like new as a result. These are all the Tank changes in Overwatch 2.
All Tank Hero Changes in Overwatch 2
Tanks have been vastly changed in Overwatch 2 due to the game going from a 6v6 shooter to 5v5. As a result, game modes that don’t feature Open Queue are limited to having a single Tank. These are all the changes made to these Heroes as a result.
- Health has increased to 650 while Armor has been reduced by 100.
- D.VA’s movement speed reduction while firing has been decreased from 50% to 40% and the spread of the fire has been reduced from 4 to 3.5.
- Boosters have their damage increased when knocking back enemies from 10 to 25.
- Micro Missiles have had their cooldown reduced from 8 to 7 seconds.
- Call Mech Ultimate cost has been reduced by 12%.
- Health increased from 250 to 450.
- Rising Uppercut is removed and replaced by Power Block, blocking 80% of damage while reducing Doomfist’s movement speed by 35%. When blocking 90 or more damage increases the damage of Rocket Punch by 50% damage, speed, and distance as well as a larger knockback effect and stun if the target hits the wall.
- Hand Cannon‘s damage has been reduced from 6 to 5 per pellet with the ammo regeneration rate increased from .65 seconds per shot to .04 seconds.
- Rocket Punch damage has been reduced from a range of 50 to 100 damage to 15 to 30 damage. Additional wall slam damage has also been reduced from the range of 50 to 100 damage down to 20 to 40 damage. The maximum charge up for Rocket Punch has been reduced from 1.4 to 1.0 seconds. Upon impact, Rocket Punch will effect additional targets as well.
- Seismic Slam launches Doomfist into the air in whatever direction the player is aiming. Upon landing, the shockwave deals 50 damage and can be canceled before landing by pressing the button again.
- Meteor Strike‘s damage range has been reduced from 15 to 200 down to 15 to 100 but will still deal 300 damage in the center of the strike. There is no longer any knockback from Meteor Strike and the Ultimate now slows down enemies by 50% for 2 seconds. The cast time has been reduced from 1 to 0.5 seconds.
Related: All Confirmed Heroes in Overwatch 2 – Full Roster
- Protective Barrier, Halt!, and Supercharger have been removed and replaced.
- Armor has been increased by 75 along with HP.
- Primary fire changed to Augmented Fusion Driver, dealing 12 damage per shot with a 100% critical hit bonus and 15 to 25 meter damage falloff range. It has an unlimited magazine but will overheat, making it impossible for players to fire for 3 seconds.
- Fortify now gives Orisa 125 Overhealth, negates critical damage, reduces heat buildup by 50%, and has had its duration increased from 4 to 4.5 seconds.
- Now has Energy Javelin, a 6 second cooldown ability that throws a javelin to deal 60 damage and stuns upon impact for 0.2 seconds, knocking enemies back by 6 meters. If the target is knocked into a wall, an additional 40 damage is dealt with an additional 0.3 second stun.
- Now has Javelin Spin, a 7 second cooldown ability that has Orisa spin the javelin for 1.75 seconds. This destroys enemy projectiles, gives Orisa a 50% movement speed when moving forward, and can push enemies back while dealing up to 90 damage.
- Now has Terra Surge, an Ultimate that gives Orisa the effects of Fortify while pulling in enemies. Orisa charges for 4 seconds, dealing up to 500 damage depending on whether the Ultimate charges the full 4 seconds. While charging, this deals damage over time and slows enemy movement speed by 30%.
- Armor increased by 100 and Health increased by 25.
- Steadfast passive ability removed.
- Barrier Field reduced from 1600 to 1200 with the regeneration rate reduced from 200 to 144 health per second.
- Charge has increased turn rate by 50% and can be canceled. Its cooldown has been reduced from 10 to 8 seconds with the pin damage reduced from 300 to 225.
- Fire Strike has had its damage decreased from 100 to 90 but now has two charges.
- Take A Breather has had its healing increased from 300 to 350.
- Whole Hog has changed and now has to be fired manually and can’t be canceled with stun effects. Roadhog can also use other abilities during the Ultimate’s duration.
Related: How to convert Valorant sensitivity to Overwatch 2
- Accretion has had its damage increased from 70 to 100.
- Experimental Barrier has had its regeneration rate reduced from 120 to 100.
- Shields now have increased from 100 to 200 health.
- Armor has been increased from 150 to 200.
- Winston has a new secondary fire that can be charged up to release a 30 meter attack that deals up to 50 damage, costing up to 12 ammo.
- Barrier Projector has had its cooldown reduced from 13 to 12 seconds but now has increased its health from 650 to 700. The duration has been reduced from 9 seconds to 8 seconds.
- Primal Rage‘s cost has been increased by 20%.
- Armor has been increased from 100 to 150 along with health, going from 500 to 550.
- Knockback has been increased by 36%.
- Adaptive Shield has had its radius increased from 8 to 10 meters with an increase in the Overhealth gained for each target from 75 to 100 Overhealth.
- Shields increased from 200 to 225 with health increasing from 200 to 250.
- Particle Barrier and Projected Barrier share a cooldown but have two charges with the cooldown beginning as soon as the ability is used. Each barrier has a duration of 2.5 seconds instead of 2 seconds with each charge having a 10 second cooldown.
- Projected Barrier can’t be used on the same target twice within 2 seconds.
- Energy now depletes faster at a rate of 2.2 energy per second instead of 1.8 per second.
For more Overwatch 2 guides, check out All Support Hero Changes in Overwatch 2 on GameTips.PRO.