Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Open Beta allows players to explore a variety of features, including the new gameplay, Gunsmith 2.0, weapons, maps, and game modes. Another core mechanic that has received a major upgrade with the new game is the perks. Here are all the perks you can equip in Modern Warfare 2 Open Beta.
All Perks available in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Beta
Moving away from the traditional three perk slot system, Modern Warfare 2 does something entirely new with this core mechanic. Players now have three perk divisions: Basic, Bonus, and Ultimate. While you spawn in a match with two selected Basic Perks, your selected Bonus and Ultimate perk are granted to you as you progress through the match. This increases the total perk count in Modern Warfare 2 to four at the end of a game.
- Overkill: Equip two primary weapons.
- Double Time: Double the tactical sprint duration and increase the crouch movement speed by 30 percent.
- Battle Hardened: Reduce the effect of equipment including Flash, Stun, EMP, Gas Grenades, Snapshot Grenades, and Shock Sticks.
- Scavenger: Resupply ammo from fallen enemy players.
- E.O.D.: Take less damage from non-killstreak explosives and reset cook timers of live grenades while picking them up.
- Tracker: Enemy players leave behind a footprint trail.
- Strong Arm: Throwable equipment have a trajectory preview.
- Extra Tactical: Spawn with additional tactical equipment.
- Resupply: You spawn with additional lethal equipment, and all equipment recharge over 25 seconds.
- Spotter: Spot enemy equipment, field upgrades, and killstreaks through walls. You can also hack enemy Claymores, Proximity Mines, C4, and Trophy Systems.
- Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by AI targeting systems, thermal optics, and High Alert perk.
- Fast Hands: Reload and swap weapons faster. You can throw equipment faster as well.
- Quick Fix: Killing players immediately triggers health regeneration.
- Focus: Increased flinch resistance and breath hold duration.
- High Alert: Indication when an enemy player outside your vision sees you.
- Ghost: Undetectable by UAVs, Portable Radars, and Heartbeat Sensors.
- Hardline: Reduce killstreak cost by one kill and scorestreak cost by 125 points.
- Overclock: Keep an additional field upgrade charge that recharges 40 percent faster.
- Survivor: Ability to self-revive and to be revived by teammates when killed.
- Bird’s-Eye: The minimap is zoomed out, and UAVs reveal the enemy’s direction.
Pre-built Perk Packages in Modern Warfare 2 Beta
While players are free to customize their loadouts and perks based on personal preference, the game provides six pre-built custom perk packages for different playstyles, which non-familiar players can use during their initial playing phase.
- Assault Package: Overkill, Scavenger, Fast Hands, Hardline
- Deadeye Package: Overkill, Strong Arm, Quick Fix, High Alert
- Hunter Package: Strong Arm, Tracker, Spotter, Overclock
- Phantom Package: Battle Hardened, Double Time, Cold-Blooded, Ghost
- Support Package: E.O.D., Battle Hardened, Resupply, Survivor
- Sniper Package: Double Time, Extra Tactical, Focus, Birds-Eye
Stay tuned to GameTips.PRO for more Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 content. In the meantime, head over to our article on Player feedback not being considered for upcoming Modern Warfare 2 beta changes.