Overwatch 2’s first PvP Beta test has officially begun and players are quickly learning just how much has changed. Players have found that multiple maps from the first game have been altered slightly, and some brand new unique maps have been added. Here are all of the new maps and map changes in the Overwatch 2 PvP Beta.
What new maps are in the Overwatch 2 PvP Beta?
It wouldn’t be a sequel without a few new maps to go along with it. For Overwatch 2’s first PvP Beta, four new maps have made their way into the light for players to try. Below are all four new maps and their game types.
- Circuit Royal (Escort) – Move the payload through the luxurious streets of Monte Carlo towards Hotel Arche.
- Midtown (Hybrid) – Claim the payload and escort it through the bustling streets of Manhattan towards Grand Central Station.
- New Queen Street (Push) – A constant battle for control of the robot in the frosty city of Toronto.
- Colosseo (Push) – A back and forth fight for supremacy in the shadow of the historic Colosseum.
What maps have changed in the Overwatch 2 PvP Beta?
Many preexisting maps have seen a return in the Overwatch 2 PvP Beta, however, most of them have received a slight environmental change. All of the maps below have received a time shift, meaning that iconic nighttime maps may see a little bit of sun and vice versa. Here are all of the maps affected.
- Ilios – Evening Lighting
- Lijiang Tower – Dawn Lighting
- Oasis – Night Lighting
- Dorado – Evening Lighting
- Route 66 – Night Lighting
- King’s Row – Evening Lighting
- Eichenwalde – Evening Lighting
Overwatch has always had fun and unique maps, and the few new ones paired with the relit existing ones help breathe some fresh air into the familiar gameplay that we have all come to love. It will be exciting to see what other new maps or map changes Blizzard has in mind for the official launch of Overwatch 2.
For more Overwatch 2 guides, check out Is Overwatch 2 Free-To-Play? right here on GameTips.PRO.