Splatoon 3 is a Nintendo Switch game that is a dream come true for all painting fans. This is a fast-paced third-person shooter that is all about having fun. The idea is to be able to play the game as much as you want, as multiplayer matches usually last three minutes. Splatoon 3 offers a large variety of game modes to keep you invested.
All Splatoon 3 Multiplayer Modes
Turf War Game Mode in Splatoon 3
- Turf War is a Splatoon 3 mode played between two teams with the simple objective of covering as much of the map (only horizontal surfaces count) with the team’s ink color as possible. Even one percent more than the enemy is enough for a victory in this mode.
Anarchy Battle Mode in Splatoon 3
- Anarchy Battle is a Splatoon 3 ranked mode consisting of rotating rounds of Clam Blitz, Splat Zones, Rainmaker, and Tower Control.
Splatoon 3 Splatfest Battle Modes
- Open mode lets you play with friends or solo to advance in Splatfest.
- Pro mode lets you only play with random players, so you’re on your own here.
- Tricolor Turf War is a new game mode in Splatoon 3. It’s similar to the regular Turf War, but the twist is that it has three teams. The first team consists of four players, while the others have two. The goal is to ink the most ground, while the first team also has to defend Ultra Signal, which activates Sprinkler of Doom, which sprays team colors across the map.
The Shoal Game Mode in Splatoon 3
- The Shoal is a multiplayer mode where you can play Splatoon 3 locally with friends. Here you can play offline versions of Salmon Run and Private Battle. They have slight differences from their online counterparts.
Salmon Run Next Wave Mode in Splatoon 3
- In Salmon Run Next Wave co-op mode, you play with up to three of your friends, intending to fight off waves of enemies and bosses while collecting Power Eggs and Golden Eggs.
Tableturf Battle Mode in Splatoon 3
- Tableturf can is a Tetris/Turf War game mode with collectible cards. You’ll need to construct a deck with cards with special bonuses and abilities for every match. You’ll have over 150 cards to use for deckbuilding. This mode looks very different from everything else, as the tactics are more important than fast reflexes here.
All Splatoon 3 Single-player Modes
Splatoon 3 Story Mode Return of the Mammalians
- The Splatoon franchise is most famous for its multiplayer modes, but there is a story mode that you can play. If you’re interested in the plot, you’ll fight against evil Octarians while discovering the secrets of Alterna and the Fuzzy Ooze. That story is so epic that it deserves at least a movie trilogy.
For more information about Splatoon 3, check out guides like How to post drawings in Splatoon 3 and How to switch weapons in Splatoon 3 on GameTips.PRO.