While the majority of the player’s job in Papers, Please is dealing with documents, 20 separate endings can occur based on their actions. Most endings aren’t great, landing the player either in prison, forced labor, or sentenced to death. However, with the 20 separate endings, we’ll cover the details of how to get each one.
Endings in Prison
- Delinquency – If the player finds themselves in debt and finishes a day in the negative.
- Being Too Honest – This ending is only available on the 12th day if the player gives M. Vonel the EZIC documents.
- Accepting Illegal Funds – This ending starts with the events of the 11th day. If the player accepts any extra funds and does not burn the money, it will be confiscated. Then if the EZIC agent isn’t able to get in on the 14th, the Inspector will be arrested.
- Failure to Defend the Checkpoint – This ending happens if the Inspector has completed less than four EZIC missions by the 31st day.
Endings in Forced Labor
- Injuring a Bystander – On the 16th day, the Inspector will gain access to the tranquilizer gun. If the player shoots a bystander with this weapon, they will be arrested and sentenced to forced labor.
- Injuring the Man in Red – This ending can only occur on the 23rd day if players shoot the man in red with the tranquilizer gun while EZIC is creating a diversion.
- Booth Inspection Failure – If the M.O.A. supervisor catches the Inspector with unauthorized wall hangings in his booth on two separate occasions, they will receive this ending.
- Detaining Shae Piersovska – If the player detains Shae Piersovska on day 25, they will be arrested on the subsequent day.
Related: Epic Games Store Free Games List – Schedule, Current and Upcoming Games
Endings in Death
- Killing a Bystander – On the 23rd day, the Inspector will gain access to a sniper rifle. If the player shoots a bystander, they will be immediately imprisoned and sentenced to death.
- Killing an Arstotzkan Official – This ending is triggered if the Inspector shoots a guard with the sniper rifle.
- Injuring an Arstotzkan Official – This ending is triggered if the Inspector shoots a guard with the tranquilizer gun.
- Killing the Man in Red – This ending can only occur on the 23rd day if players shoot the man in red with the sniper rifle while EZIC is creating a diversion.
- Conspiracy with the Order of the EZIC Star & Partial Betrayal – This ending will only occur on the 31st day if the player has completed the four EZIC Star tasks but shoots the attackers and the wall remains intact.
- Conspiracy with the Order of the EZIC Star & Betrayal – This ending will only occur on the 31st day if the player has completed less than four EZIC Star, neutralizes all attackers, and the wall remains.
Endings in being Fired
- All Family Members Died – If the player fails to provide their family with enough food, heat, and/or medicine, this will be the consequent ending.
- Betraying the Order of EZIC Star – If on the 31st day, the player has completed the four tasks of EZIC Star but still chooses to shoot at the attackers, and the wall is blown up.
- Following EZIC Star Orders – If on the 31st day, the player has completed at least four of the tasks given by EZIC Star and follows their orders, his family will be moved to a nice apartment, and he’ll be laid off as an inspector.
Related: Best Video Game Emulators for PC
Endings in Obristan
- Close Family Successfully Flees – The Inspector successfully fakes passports for himself and/or his near family and gets them into Obristan. However, his niece, uncle, and mother-in-law do not enter with them. This ending is possible if the Inspector has at least one passport and 25 credits at the end of days 29-31.
- All Family Successfully Flees – This ending happens when the Inspector confiscates enough passports from Obristan citizens when they enter Arstotzka. They will bring all living relatives with them to Obristan. The player can do this from day 29-31 if the player gets six passports and 150 credits.
This ending is received if, by day 31, the player makes no attempt to flee to Obristan and no effort to complete any of the EZIC Star tasks. It will grant the player access to the endless version of the game.
For more Papers, Please like content check out Best Simulation Games on PC on Pro Game Guides.