The Xenoblade Chronicles series is known for having multiple different classes that characters can play. In the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Nintendo Direct, we were shown that party members will be able to swap classes pretty fluidly throughout the game. We also learned of several new classes coming to the series’ third entry. Here are all of the classes in Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
All playable classes in Xenoblade Chronicles 3
As you connect with other characters in the game, you will unlock the ability to switch to that character’s class on the fly. You will also run into some characters, known as Heroes, who have their own unique classes. These classes are also able to be learned and applied in battle. Below are all of the Classes and Hero Classes that can be accessed.
Attackers excel at putting out massive amounts of damage. They will fill the typical DPS role that is present in many RPGs.
- Swordfighter – A well-balanced class that will put out high damage relatively quickly.
- Ogre – Employs the use of strength to inflict massive amounts of damage on foes.
- Incursor – An attacker who focuses on landing critical hits to deal high amounts of damage.
- Yumsmith – Uses debuffs and exploits an enemy’s weak points.
- Full Metal Jaguar – Attacks in a wide area of effect using guns and drones.
- Stalker – Excels at sniping foes with arrows from the safety of stealth.
Defenders block enemy attacks and draw their attention away from others. These classes fill the classic Tank role.
- Zephyr – Focuses on evading attacks and countering the enemy’s strikes.
- Heavy Guard – Defend allies and draw enemy aggro while wielding massive weapons.
- Guardian Commander – A sword and shield user who can turn the tables of a fight.
- Lone Exile – A deadly defender who aims to draw foes in before striking them down.
Healers make sure the team’s health is always in top shape. These classes are vital to ensuring the Tanks and DPS classes are able to stay alive long enough to do their jobs.
- Medic Gunner – Attempts to heal and buff the team while staying out of danger.
- Tactician – Works to disrupt enemies while supporting the team.
- War Medic – Utilizing a large gun, this class heals and applies buffs to the team.
The sheer number of playable classes in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is astounding, and it will be interesting to see what kind of team compositions can be put together when certain classes are applied to different characters.
For more on Xenoblade Chronicles 3, check out What is Ouroboros in Xenoblade Chronicles 3? All character pairings, right here on GameTips.PRO.